Craig is the founder/president and chief engineer of Hydrotech Engineering, Inc. Craig has been building, installing and servicing hydraulic presses and systems since 1971.
From 1971 to 1983 Craig served as the Chief Engineer in the Hydraulic Products Division at Rexnord/Nordberg. He had complete responsibility for the following product lines:
- Elmes/Nordberg Hydraulic Presses
- 1500, 3500 & 5000 Ton Diamond Compacting Presses
- 1000 to 3000 Ton Metal Forming Presses
- 1500 to 5000 Ton Forging Presses
- 2500 & 3000 Carbon Anode Compacting Presses
- 750 & 1000 Ton salt blocking presses
- R.D. Wood/Nordberg Water Base Hydraulics
- High pressure water hydraulic control valves and systems for the high tonnage water-powered hydraulic presses and primary metals producing industries, including;
- Solenoid Controlled Directional Control Valves
- Check and 2-way Stop/Shut-off Valves
- Pressure Reducing Valves, Relief Valves and Control Valves
- Custom and Special Application Control Valves
- Accumulator Safety Shut-off Control Valves
- Custom Press Admission and Control Valves
Throughout the 1980s and into the 1990s Craig served as the ALCOA Division Staff Engineer for “ALCOA” Aluminum Company of America. He was responsible for the total engineering and complete technical management of all major projects associated with ALCOA’s special large Hydraulic Forging Presses. This equipment ranged from a 3000 Ton x 4000 H.P. oil hydraulic press to their 35,000 and 50,000 Ton water Hydraulic Forging Presses, which are two of the largest hydraulic presses in the world. Projects and activities ranged from “hands-on” troubleshooting and systems diagnostics to total system redesign and manufacturing, with projects in excess of $1 million. Craig also upgraded the 50,000 Ton Press to incorporate open die forging with close loop speed and tonnage control.
In 1992, Craig created Hydrotech Engineering, Inc. Since that time he has continued to work on and service a wide-variety of hydraulic presses, large and small. For more information, please contact us.